Gelish polish, like the ad says, acts like a gel, applies like a polish. It is a completely innovative way towards doing nails. Gelish nail polish adds an incredible amount of shine, strength and time to a manicure. It can last up to twenty-one days without chipping.
- Nails are prepped as per a usual manicure.
- A base coat is applied; this base coat is unique because it is comprised of Ph bond, Pro bond, and a foundation gel.
- Two coats of a gelish polish are applied.
- A topcoat is added, and the tacky residue is removed.
- The gelish is then cured under an LED light for around 30 seconds.
While possible to remove at home, it is both recommended and much easier to have the polish removed in studio. The polish is both extremely strong and ‘sealed’ due to the formula of the polish and the curing, making removal a two part process. First a technician will ‘break the seal’ by taking a file and rubbing the top layer of polish. After that the nails will then soak in acetone for fifteen minutes. Afterwards a technician will scrape away the remaining polish/base coat.
Masteller & Co. gelish prices:
Manicure - $30.00
Gelish Fill (to touch up your manicure as it grows out and continue to strengthen nails, can only be done with the color originally chosen) - $22.00
Removal - $10.00
Contact us to learn more!